Directors and Management
Aldous Hicks B.Sc (Syd), B.Eng (Mech.Syd) Chief Executive Officer
- Over 30 years business experience as a technology and software developer, project manager and mechanical engineer, including developing water and material recycling technology.
- Developed SOHO custom PC database software and prior to that worked with Mannesmann Demag AG a multi-national German mechanical heavy engineering company.
- Founding director of Anaconda Nickel Ltd.
- Aldous is the holder of a number of international patents and has lived and worked in Europe and South America and speaks fluent German.
Rodney Silberstein B.Eng(UWA), GMA (UNSW) Chief Technology Officer
- Rodney Silberstein is an Australian engineer who has designed, built and managed facilities for the oil, gas, and mining sectors for over 30 years.
- He is the co-founder and Director or Engineering & Projects for ARV, which builds facilities for onshore and offshore oil & gas and mining projects, in Australia and SEAsia.
- The projects have included gas processing & compression, pipelines, structures and the majority of which are for the energy sector.
- Rodney has sat on various conference Boards such as Offshore Asia and SPE Applied Technical Workshop committees.
Philip Wood BA, LLB Chief Resources Officer
- Phillip’s immediate recent past employment was as Chief Executive Officer.
- Phillip is a lawyer by trade, and begun professional life as a solicitor with Allen Allen & Hemsley in Sydney, before working as an Attorneys-at-Law in New York and later London.
- Returning to Sydney in 1984 Phillip then worked in merchant and investment banking in Sydney for Macquarie Bank. From 1996 Phillip worked with Intec Ltd, a world leader in chloride hydrometallurgical technologies, where he served as Chief Executive Officer from 2001 to 2012.
Nick Barneveld CPEng, IntPE, MIPENZ ISG Project Manager – Asia &Oceana
- Nick Barneveld is a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) and International Professional Engineer (IntPE) and combines extensive management experience and a professional engineering and business education. His skills are in value identification and creation using thorough analysis and risk managed and structured delivery.
- A Member of the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand since 1990 and is an energy sector practice area assessor for above professional memberships and registrations.
- He has worked in In-situ coal gasification in advisory roles for start-up businesses and was the Project Manager, Global Underground Coal Gasification Solid Energy New Zealand Limited.
- He has worked in strategic and engineering consulting for Global Engineering consultants Parsons Brinckerhoff and in various project development and engineering roles in the electricity generation sector.
Murray Chancellor B.Eng (Civil) UNSW, GMQ (AGSM) Managing Director – UK
- Mr. Chancellor has 34 years experience in the oil and gas industry ranging from facilities engineering and project management in the North Sea, Middle East, Australasia and North America
- Occupied senior management positions in independent exploration and production companies in Russia and former Soviet countries, including, JKX Oil & Gas, Aminex plc and CanArgo Energy Corp.
- He has a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) from the University of New South Wales and is a Chartered Professional Engineer with the Institution of Engineers Australia and a registered Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and member of the Institution of Civil Engineers in the UK.
Neil Scott BA(Hons), LLB(Hons) Chief Commercial & Legal Officer
- Neil Scott started practising law in New Zealand and moved to Sydney in 1981.
- He has worked with and been a partner in leading Sydney law firms, a principal in a trans-Tasman corporate advisory and investment banking firm, and is now principal of his own legal practice.
- Neil has practised in the natural resources sector throughout his career, with experience ranging from hard rock mining through coal mining to oil and gas.
- He has been director of a number of public-listed and private companies in the resources sector.
- Neil is a current member of the Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Association, the Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia, and the Underground Coal Gasification
James Bell BA(Syd), LLB (Syd) Director
- James Bell is an Australian barrister and solicitor who has practised as a commercial lawyer for 30 years, including 10 years as a partner in the national firm of Blake Dawson and 3 years as head of the Banking and Finance division of that firm in Sydney.
- He is a director of several public companies including ASX listed Intec Limited, the owner of internationally patented Intec Process, which operates in the chloride medium to recover base and precious metals from ores, concentrates and residues in a cost effective and environmentally safe manner.
Hassen Bali Commercial Manager (UK)
- Hassen has approximately 12 years experience working in financial markets, with specific focus on resource efficiency and clean technology.
- In 2011 Hassen co-founded Cadence RB Limited specifically to engage with the investment community on how best to deploy capital into clean technology opportunities, with particular emphasis on how such innovation can be successfully commercialised. This has encompassed transactions across renewable energy, energy and resource efficiency and waste management opportunities, which deliver attractive and sustainable economic returns.
- In 2008 Hassen joined Markit Group Limited in their Environmental Markets team. There he drove the development of new environmental products for financial markets alongside strategic business development. Hassen studied Mining Engineering at the University of Nottingham
Campbell Chambers B.Com (Syd), LLB (Syd) Chief Communications and Finance Officer
- Campbell has extensive experience in communications and financial analytics. Having spent time working for UBS in their Investment Banking Division, Campbell brings strong financial modelling capabilities and a contemporary understanding of business operations.
- Prior to this Campbell worked for 4 years as the paralegal assistant to a Sydney Barrister, with a focus on Commercial Law and litigation.
- Campbell has obtained a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) and has completed his Undergraduate Law Degree (LLB) from the University of Sydney where he was awarded a full academic scholarship.
Casper Burger BEng (Chemical Engineering), MBA Chief Gasification Engineer
- Casper has is an oil & gas / petrochemical process engineering (BSc Chemical Engineering) professional with 17 years of technical and operations experience, 10 years in lead positions and 3 years in managerial positions.
- Casper until recently managedLinc Energy’sTechnology Team to execute the Technology Development Plan for the pilot operations and for the commercialization of In-situ gasification technology.
- Furthermore, Casper was the lead process engineering for the sub-surface design for the underground coal gasification technology and to develop and design the coal ignition and water cooled oxidant delivery systems.
- In the 3 years prior, Casper was the acting manager (business analysis) Petrosa. During Casper’s time with Petrosa he was exposed to and influenced all the facets of the operations value chain – from offshore gas & condensates, through the GTL refinery processing facilities to the final blended product sales and distribution and feedstock imports and logistics.